- Halloween Time casts a spell throughout Disneyland Resort with family-friendly experiences, including Haunted Mansion Holiday, Mickey Mouse pumpkin photos, favorite Cars Landcharacters dressed up in festive “car-stumes” and so much more
- Beginning June 30, tickets go on sale to the public for Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party, the after-park hours event. Pre-sale opportunities start June 28 for Magic Key holders, plus members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets to their own exclusive one-night special event scheduled for Sept. 10
- Plaza de la Familia at Disney California Adventure Park celebrates the everlasting bonds of family with festive décor and entertainment inspired by Disney and Pixar’s ‘Coco’ and the traditions of Día de los Muertos, from Sept. 2 through Nov. 2
Anaheim, Calif. (June 13, 2022) – Fall favorite celebrations return to the Disneyland Resort with seasonal offerings and festive activities for guests of all ages to enjoy. Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort will cast its spooky spell throughout the entire resort from Sept. 2 through Oct. 31, 2022.
Featuring festive seasonal décor including the Mickey Mouse pumpkin and The Headless Horseman statue, Halloween-themed attractions like Haunted Mansion Holiday and Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, photo opportunities with favorite Disney characters and villains and specialty treats, there is something for everyone during this spook-tacular celebration. The Halloween spirit will also extend to Downtown Disney District with colorful pumpkin décor and specialty offerings.
From Sept. 9 through Oct. 31, 2022, guests can expect the return of Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit in Downtown Disney, a delightful family-friendly pumpkin hunt. Guests can also encounter Halloween-themed lobby displays in the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
Plaza de la Familia at Disney California Adventure Park, an immersive, limited-time celebration inspired by the spirit of Día de los Muertos, returns from Sept. 2 through Nov. 2, 2022, with live entertainment, delightful foods, hands-on crafts and interactive experiences.
For fun and festive frights after park hours, Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party* will be offered as a separate-ticket event at Disney California Adventure on 23 select nights starting Sept. 6 through Oct. 31, 2022. Tickets go on pre-sale on June 28 for Magic Key holders no earlier than 9 a.m. PT. And new this year: members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club may purchase tickets beginning June 28 to their own Oogie Boogie Bash night on Sept. 10 during D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event. Tickets go on sale to the general public on June 30 no earlier than 9 a.m. at Disneyland.com.*
At Oogie Boogie Bash, children and guests of all ages can enjoy trick-or-treating through Disney California Adventure in their favorite Halloween costumes and encounter spooky and spectacular characters. Guests will experience unique offerings specifically for partygoers, such as immersive treat trails, the “Frightfully Fun Parade,” Villains Grove at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, “Mickey’s Trick and Treat” show and more.
Guests looking to add Halloween whimsy to their wardrobe and wares will encounter seasonal merchandise, apparel and accessories at retail locations throughout both parks, as well as items such as pins, plush and decorative items to summon the spirit of Halloween into their homes. In addition, guests looking for sweet treats and delicious eats will find Halloween-themed specialty items at select food and beverage locations.
Halloween Time at Disneyland Park
Throughout Disneyland Park, Guests will encounter favorite Disney characters festively festooned in brand-new Halloween looks or wickedly wonderful Disney villains looking to stir up a bit of mischief. Guests will experience vibrant seasonal décor as the Main Street Pumpkin Festival transforms Main Street, U.S.A., with whimsical pumpkins displayed in storefronts, while ghouls and goblins of all ages will enjoy taking photographs with the iconic giant Mickey Mouse pumpkin.
Over in New Orleans Square, the Haunted Mansion attraction undergoes its annual seasonal transformation. The mysterious manor conjures up the collision of two holidays to become Haunted Mansion Holiday, as Jack Skellington wrecks the halls of the mansion with frightfully festive decor inspired by “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Guests can expect the sweet sight and smell of the mansion’s annual bespoke gingerbread house, perched perilously on the ballroom table. Guests will also encounter Sally, Zero and other favorite characters from the film.
Also, every night from Sept. 2 through Oct. 31, guests will enjoy the return of the supernatural showcase “Halloween Screams,” a vibrant projection and light show. On weekend nights, “Halloween Screams” will take to the skies with fireworks that are sure to waken the Halloween spirits.** Guests will be able to view this seasonal nighttime spectacular from several different locations throughout the park, including Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle and in front of “it’s a small world.”
Halloween Time at Disney California Adventure Park
At the entrance to Disney California Adventure Park, Oogie Boogie, from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas,” will loom over guests at the entrance, channeling his magic to create a forever Halloween for everyone to enjoy, transforming favorite attractions with eerie and ethereal details.
Guests will roll on down to Cars Land as Radiator Springs becomes Radiator Screams, where the resident “car-acters” will transform their homes with unique Haul-O-Ween twists. Lightning McQueen, Mater, Cruz and Red will be ready to greet guests in their best “car-stumes.” Guests can catch a ride on popular Cars Land attractions that rev up with Halloween spirit: Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree opts for a spooky soundtrack to become Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree, and Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters takes guests on a wicked whirl-a-about to become Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
Over in Avengers Campus, as night falls, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! transforms into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, an exciting and spooky adventure filled with creepy creatures and thrilling drops. During the Guardians of the Galaxy escape from The Collector’s Fortress, Groot was accidentally left behind. Guests can complete their rescue mission to save Groot by helping Rocket distract creatures from around the galaxy that have gotten loose. By teaming up with the Guardians, every guest can help save the galaxy from creepy crawlies this Halloween season.
Over on Buena Vista Street, Mickey Mouse and friends summon the wardrobes of seasons past with old-fashioned Halloween styles, poised and ready for photos. Festive Halloween décor will add to the ambiance on Buena Vista Street. When the sun sets, the façade of Carthay Circle Restaurant comes alive with Halloween magic as bats swarm, green energy pulses from within and projections light up the iconic tower structure with mesmerizing moments. Guests who want to commemorate their Halloween time visit can stop for a photo in front of the 10-foot-tall statue of the Headless Horseman holding his jack-o’-lantern head high in the sky.
Plaza de la Familia and Día de los Muertos
Plaza de la Familia returns to Paradise Gardens at Disney California Adventure Park from Sept. 2 to Nov. 2. This immersive, limited-time celebration, inspired by the spirit of Día de los Muertos, features live entertainment, festive foods, crafts and interactive experiences. Can’t-miss activities include “A Musical Celebration of Coco,” a lively street performance honoring Disney and Pixar’s “Coco” and the everlasting bonds of family. Guests can also enjoy Mariachi music at Paradise Gardens Bandstand; The World of Coco, an intriguing art installation; a photo opportunity at the iconic Arbol de la Vida (Tree of Life) photo location and memory wall as well as a greeting with a hand-animated figure of Miguel from “Coco”.
Guests visiting Disneyland Park Sept. 2 – Nov. 2, 2022 will also encounter a vibrant display commemorating the traditions of Día de los Muertos, featuring a musical trio of iconic skeleton figurines, brightly colored flowers and other festive décor that honors the spirit of the season, located in Frontierland.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party
On select nights beginning Sept. 6 through Oct. 31, guests can enjoy a spook-tacular soiree at the separate-ticket, after-park hours event Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party at Disney California Adventure. This limited-capacity event offers kids and guests of all ages the opportunity to enjoy the park’s attractions, unique entertainment, character sightings, food and beverage and more, while dressed in their favorite Halloween costumes. In addition to taking in all the spook-tacular sights and trick-or-treating experiences, guests attending Oogie Boogie Bash will also be able to explore areas inside Disney California Adventure that remain open during the party, including Avengers Campus. Highlights of Oogie Boogie Bash include:
- Entrance to Disney California Adventure Park before the party. The party kicks off at 6 p.m. PT and guests have the opportunity to enjoy Disney California Adventure three hours before the party beings.
- Immersive treat trails featured throughout Disney California Adventure, offering kids and guests of all ages the chance to don costumes and enjoy trick-or-treating, encountering some new and favorite characters
- “Mickey’s Trick and Treat” show, a not-so-scary, family-friendly celebration where guests of all ages can enjoy dancing with Mickey and his friends
- “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow leads the way, arriving on his ghostly black steed at the start of the parade and carrying his flickering jack-o’-lantern. A cavalcade of Disney characters and mischievous villains follow, ready to stir up some toil and trouble!
- Character sightings feature favorite Disney characters including Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck – plus villains, too. Guests may encounter unexpected characters at this Halloween party, ready for photos and interactions.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail transforms into Villains Grove, an ethereal wonderland of imagery inspired by Disney villains. With lighting, projections, sounds and special effects, guests will experience a dreamlike world that unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful space of color, sound, light and shadow, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
- A Halloween spell is cast on the façade of Carthay Circle Restaurant on Buena Vista Street, transforming the iconic tower structure throughout the night with swarming bats, pulsing green energy and mesmerizing moments sure to delight guests
- Unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads from the party are included with admission to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party. Disney PhotoPass photographers are stationed throughout the party to help the entire family capture everlasting memories with spook-tacular photos.
On June 28 (no earlier than 9 a.m. PT), a limited amount of Oogie Boogie Bash tickets go on pre-sale for Magic Key holders, and members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club may purchase tickets to their own exclusive one-night special event (scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 10.) Tickets to the events, except the D23 special event, go on sale to the general public on June 30 (no earlier than 9 a.m. PT) at Disneyland.com/OogieBoogieBash. Tickets are limited and guests may check out the website for important details and availability for the 23 nights: Tuesday, Sept. 6; Tuesday, Sept. 13, Thursday, Sept. 15; Sunday, Sept. 18, Tuesday, Sept. 20; Thursday, Sept. 22; Sunday, Sept. 25; Tuesday, Sept. 27; Thursday, Sept. 29; Sunday, Oct. 2; Tuesday, Oct. 4; Thursday, Oct. 6; Sunday, Oct. 9; Tuesday, Oct. 11; Thursday, Oct. 13; Sunday, Oct. 16; Tuesday, Oct. 18; Thursday, Oct. 20; Sunday, Oct. 23; Tuesday, Oct. 25; Thursday, Oct. 27; Saturday, Oct. 29; and Monday, Oct. 31, Halloween night. Purchases cannot be made in person and are only available online or via the mobile app while supplies last. Parking is not included in the ticket price; however, guests will have the option to purchase a parking voucher in advance after purchasing their event tickets. Visit Disneyland.com/Updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort.
Guests planning to experience Oogie Boogie Bash, Plaza de la Familia and Halloween Time can extend the magic by staying at one of three Disneyland Resort hotel properties, just a short walk away from Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks and the Downtown Disney District. Guests may find the latest offers and vacation packages online at Disneyland.com/offers.
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43- DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955.
* The number of tickets available are limited and valid only for the specific event date and hours. Limit eight (8) tickets per person, per event date. Tickets not required for Guests ages 2 and under. Ticket purchases cannot be made in person and are only available online or via the mobile app while supplies last. Parking is not included in the ticket price. Tickets are non-refundable and may not be resold or transferred for a commercial purpose. Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; please check special event costume guidelines at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress for restrictions. Disney PhotoPass® service is subject to the Disney PhotoPass® service terms and expiration policy found at Disneyland.com/photopass-termsconditions/. Offer and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland® Resort.
**Performances are subject to change or cancellation, including due to weather.