LIBRARY TO RE-OPEN ON MAY 26, 2021 AFTER 14 MONTHS OF CLOSURE. MEMBER DAY AND 1ST RESPONDERS’ DAY ALSO ANNOUNCED.
Simi Valley, Calif. – Today, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute is thrilled to announce that after being closed for 14 months due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Reagan Museum will finally reopen its doors to the public on Wednesday, May 26, 2021.
“We couldn’t be more pleased to reopen our doors to the community,” said John Heubusch, executive director of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute. “When President Reagan opened his Library thirty years ago, I’m sure he never imagined it would be shut down for one day, let alone for 14 months. We’re looking forward to welcoming everyone back and to showcasing all that we have done to improve our visitor’s experience.”
When the Reagan Museum reopens on May 26, it will begin by operating Wednesday through Sunday each week (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays). The Museum WILL BE OPEN ON MONDAY, MAY 31 FOR MEMORIAL DAY. To help ensure social distancing guidelines, it is recommended that guests pre-purchase their tickets in advance at www.ReaganLibrary.com/Tickets. No additional service fee will be added for use of our online ticketing system. Due to the new CDC guidelines issued May 14, 2021, guests that are fully vaccinated do NOT need to wear masks (according to the CDC, people are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second shot in a 2-dose series, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine).
New at the Reagan Library since we were last open:
- The Reagan Library’s indoor restaurant has been completely remodeled and expanded, making it more spacious inside with more options on how and where to order.
- The Reagan Library’s outdoor terrace, adjacent to the café and Museum Store has been completely remodeled to create an all-outdoor seating experience, complete with chairs, couches, tables and umbrellas.
- A new Abrams M1 Main Battle Tank has been added to the Museum’s outdoor Peace Through Strength Pavilion.
- Our Museum store has been redesigned to allow for more social distancing for our guest’s convenience and safety.
- The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange is now maximized across our campus. In fact, the Reagan Museum is by far the largest museum in the Presidential Library System providing ample room for safe distances between visitors. The Reagan Library also has some of the highest air movement and filtration available. In fact, according to researchers at the Berlin Institute of Technology, the risk of COVID19 transmission is far lower in museums than any other indoor activity.
- In-person events sponsored by the Reagan Foundation & Institute and facility rental events have resumed, including events for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and July 4th, as well as speaker events including events former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan on May 27, 2021, former Vice President Mike Pence on June 24, 2021, and former Secretary of State Michael Pompeo on July 26, 2021. More information on these events and more can be found at www.ReaganFoundation.org/Events.
On May 22, 2021, four days before the Museum reopens to the public, all Reagan Library members are welcome to visit the Reagan Library and tour the galleries. Lapsed members are also welcome to come to the Library, re-enroll, and then spend the day in the galleries.
Given the enthusiasm of the general public who have contacted the Reagan Library inquiring about its re-opening date, members are encouraged to reserve their tickets in advance at https://reagan.systemtickets.org/members-only-2021
1ST RESPONDERS’ DAY:
To thank all the 1st Responders and Health Care Workers who have worked tirelessly over the past 14 months keeping our communities safe and healthy, the Reagan Library will host a “1st Responder’s Day” on Sunday, May 23, 2021. Each person may bring up to three guests for a free visit to the Reagan Library on this day.
1st Responders are encouraged to reserve their tickets in advance at https://reagan.systemtickets.org/first-responder-2021/. Upon arrival at the Reagan Library, proof of employment will be required.
THE REAGAN FOUNDATION AND LIBRARY:
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute is the nonprofit organization created by President Reagan himself and specifically charged by him with continuing his legacy and sharing his principles – individual liberty, economic opportunity, global democracy and national pride. The Foundation is a non-partisan organization which sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley, CA, the Reagan Center for Public Affairs, the Presidential Learning Center, The Air Force One Pavilion and the award-winning Discovery Center, as well as the Reagan Institute, which carries out the Foundation’s work in Washington, D.C.
The Reagan Library houses over 55 million pages of Gubernatorial, Presidential and personal papers and over 60,000 gifts and artifacts chronicling the lives of Ronald and Nancy Reagan. It also serves as the final resting place of America’s 40th President and his First Lady. www.reaganfoundation.org