Los Angeles, Calif. — The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and ABC today announced the 95th Oscars® will take place on Sunday, March 12, 2023. The show will air live on ABC and in more than 200 territories worldwide from the Dolby® Theatre at Ovation Hollywood.
Academy key dates for the 2022 Oscar® season are as follows:
- General entry categories submission deadline Tuesday, November 15, 2022
- Governors Awards Saturday, November 19, 2022
- Preliminary voting begins 9 a.m. PT Monday, December 12, 2022
- Preliminary voting ends 5 p.m. PT Thursday, December 15, 2022
- Oscar Shortlists Announcement Wednesday, December 21, 2022
- Eligibility period ends Saturday, December 31, 2022
- Nominations voting begins 9 a.m. PT Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Nominations voting ends 5 p.m. PT Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Oscar Nominations Announcement Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Oscar Nominees Luncheon Monday, February 13, 2023
- Finals voting begins 9 a.m. PT Thursday, March 2, 2023
- Finals voting ends 5 p.m. PT Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- 95th Oscars Sunday, March 12, 2023
All dates for the 95th Academy Awards® are subject to change.
ABOUT THE ACADEMY
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is a global community of more than 10,000 of the most accomplished artists, filmmakers and executives working in film. In addition to celebrating and recognizing excellence in filmmaking through the Oscars, the Academy supports a wide range of initiatives to promote the art and science of the movies, including public programming, educational outreach and the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.