ANAHEIM, Calif. – The Disneyland Resort will continue its 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration through Summer 2016, extending the three spectacular after-dark shows created for the special anniversary – the “Paint the Night” parade, the immersive “Disneyland Forever” fireworks show and the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney.” The exciting celebration, which also features sparkling décor, themed food and merchandise, will conclude on Labor Day Monday, Sept. 5, 2016.
For six decades, the Disneyland Resort has explored the frontiers of immersive storytelling and entertainment technology, bringing exciting attractions and inventive entertainment to life for guests from around the world.
For the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, Mickey Mouse and some of his friends are dressed up in sparkling Diamond Celebration costumes, and the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland Park and Carthay Circle Theatre in Disney California Adventure Park are glistening with diamond medallions. Ingenious new window displays at the Main Street Emporium in Disneyland provide additional Diamond Celebration surprises, and even the resort cast members, who help make the magic for every guest, have a bit of extra sparkle in their Diamond Celebration name tags.
The three new nighttime entertainment spectaculars raise the bar on creativity and entertainment technology, and they have been enchanting Disneyland Resort guests since they debuted May 22, 2015.
In Disneyland Park:
- The Disneyland Resort will continue its 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration through – This luminescent parade creates a river of color flowing down Main Street, U.S.A., with an array of Disney characters and more than 1.5 million brilliant LED lights that flash and glow as Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to “Paint the Night.” With dazzling special effects, unforgettable music, energetic performances, fun surprises and spectacular floats, “Paint the Night” is more vibrant than any parade in 60 years at the Disneyland Resort. Even the choreography glows, as parade performers light up with their props and costumes. Tinker Bell leads the procession in a magical, musical overture, closely followed by a float reminiscent of the giant bass drum that led the classic “Main Street Electrical Parade.” Lightning McQueen races in with his buddy Mack Truck, who makes a hefty impression at 54-feet long, covered from headlights to tail pipe in gleaming light. Anna and Elsa from “Frozen” glide through the night in a shimmering palace of ice and snow, and beloved characters from “Monsters, Inc.,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “Toy Story” appear, with Mickey and his pals creating a breathtaking grand finale.
- “Disneyland Forever,” presented by Honda – The dazzling fireworks spectacular “Disneyland Forever” is a street-to-sky, immersive experience like nothing seen before at the Disneyland Resort. Guests will be surrounded by the worlds of timeless Disney tales, from the tips of their toes to the sky high above, thanks to the largest installation of projection mapping technology in a Disney park and surprising special effects. One minute they will be standing on Main Street, U.S.A., and the next they could be stampeding across Simba’s Pride Lands, dancing with King Louie from “The Jungle Book,” traveling “Under the Sea” with the Little Mermaid, flying over London with Peter Pan, dripping in honey with Pooh in a whimsical dream of heffalumps and woozles, or shivering as Queen Elsa brings a glimmering blanket of snow over Disneyland.
For the first time in Disneyland fireworks history, Nemo from the Disney●Pixar animated film “Finding Nemo,” “just keeps swimming” in the skies above Sleeping Beauty Castle, as the Matterhorn is transformed into the fiery peak of Mt. Wannahockaloogie, a special monument from that film. Two original songs enrich the show: the “Disneyland Forever” theme “Live the Magic,” and the inspiring closing song “A Kiss Goodnight,” written by another Disney Legend, Richard M. Sherman, and sung by Ashley Brown, star of the Broadway production of “Mary Poppins.” The “stage” for “Disneyland Forever” fireworks extends from the sky above to the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A., the façade of “it’s a small world,” the Matterhorn and mist screens along the Rivers of America, with specially designed digital projections offering guests different experiences at each location.
In Disney California Adventure Park:
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris joins Mickey Mouse on a magical water canvas to entertain guests in this fun-filled new presentation of the popular, nighttime “World of Color” spectacular in Disney California Adventure. Both epic and intimate in scope, “World of Color – Celebrate!” brings to life the remarkable story of Walt and The Happiest Place on Earth with animated imagery, live-action film, fountains, lasers, special effects and a stirring musical score. Guests take an inspirational journey through the unparalleled imagination of Walt Disney, exploring his decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments around the world and the dream of Disneyland. “World of Color – Celebrate!” reminds guests that, if they always hold onto their dreams, anything is possible.
Disneyland Diamond Days** Offers Dazzling Prizes
Disneyland Diamond Days – an exciting text-in-for-a-chance-to-win sweepstakes – awards daily and weekly prizes as part of the Diamond Celebration. Weekly prizes include authentic one and two-carat diamonds that are custom-engraved for Disney. The one-carat diamonds are paired with a stay in the Disneyland Dream suite. Additional weekly prizes include a bejeweled crown inspired by the Disney film “Sleeping Beauty,” and private experiences in the park such as a party in Fantasyland or an exotic Jungle Cruise dinner package. The available prize will vary each week. Daily prizes also will be awarded during the Diamond Celebration, and each daily prize package for that day includes an individualized tour of the parks with dining, preferred access to select attractions, and VIP viewing at some of the dazzling, new nighttime spectaculars. Daily prize winners must be present on the Disneyland Resort premises at the time of entry and at the time of prize redemption in order to be able to enjoy these special experiences and theme park admission is not necessary to enter or win a prize in the sweepstakes. Further details may be found at Disneyland.com/Diamond Days.
Entertainment, Dining and Shopping Experiences Add to the Celebration
The popular, nighttime “Mad T Party” has been transformed into the sparkling “Diamond Mad T Party,” featuring dazzling decor, interactive fun, dancing and delectable food and drink.
Restaurants and food carts in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure offer drinks and cupcakes specially created for the Diamond Celebration, and drinks are available in “Made with Magic” sippers which light up to accompany the new after-dark shows. Additional “Made with Magic” merchandise items include newly designed ear hats, wands and paint brushes.
More than 500 merchandise items were specially created for the Diamond Celebration, including apparel, accessories, art, collectibles, headwear, home décor, jewelry, pins, souvenirs, toys and more. They can be found at shops throughout Disneyland Resort, including Disney Showcase and Main Street Emporium in Disneyland, Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure, World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District and more.
The Diamond Celebration invites resort guests to experience the dawning of a new era of Disney magic while enjoying the memory-making magic that has always been at the heart of a Disneyland Resort visit. Now, more than ever, the Disneyland Resort is the place where dreams come true.
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., D.C., Mexico and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are age of majority as of date of entry. Sweepstakes ends 6:59 AM PT on 2/5/16. Each day, the daily drawing entry period starts at 7:00 AM PT and ends at 10:59 AM PT. Each week, the weekly drawing entry period starts Friday at 7:00AM PT and ends at 6:59 AM PT the following Friday. Each eligible daily entry automatically entered into applicable weekly drawing and final prize drawing. Limit one (1) sweepstakes entry per person per day (from 7:00 AM PT to 6:59 AM PT the next day), regardless of method of entry.
Enter daily drawing by correctly texting word of the day to short code 227853 (Castle) or by using sponsor tablet (available only at the Disneyland® Resort (“Resort”)). Word of the day can be found in ungated areas of the Resort (areas of Resort that do not require paid admission) or at http://www.Disneyland.com/DiamondDays (the “Sweeps Site”). Entrant must be physically present at the Resort premises (which includes ungated areas) at the time of entry into daily drawing. Potential daily drawing winners will be notified (via text or phone) at approx. 11:00 AM PT each day and must contact Sponsor within 60 minutes of notification or prize will be forfeited. Daily prize can only be claimed on Resort premises and only on the same day as entry. Entrants may enter the weekly drawing via text, sponsor tablet or online (at the Sweeps Site). Only certain prizes determined by the Sponsor will be awarded in any given week; specific prizes to be awarded in the weekly drawing will be announced online at the Sweeps Site the preceding week. Correct word of the day must be included in all eligible entries.
– See more at: http://disneylandnews.com/2015/09/22/disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-extended-through-summer-2016/#sthash.uMt7vypb.dpuf