Hollywood, Calif. – The Award-winning worldwide smash hit Broadway musical Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST returns by popular demand to the Hollywood Pantages Theatre for a limited engagement; November 13 – 22, 2015. This production, produced by NETworks Presentations, launched in February 2010 and has been seen nearly 3 million people while playing over 1,500 performances in all 50 United States and 8 Canadian Provinces.
The original creators of the Broadway production are together again for this new touring production. The play is directed by Rob Roth and choreographed by Matt West, with Costume Design by Ann Hould-Ward (Tony Award® winner for her work on Disney’s Beauty and the Beast), Lighting Design by Natasha Katz, Scenic Design by Stanley A. Meyer, Sound Design by John Petrafesa Jr. and Music Supervision by Michael Kosarin.
Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is the classic story of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped in a spell placed by an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed to his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST has become an international sensation that has played to over 35 million people worldwide in 21 countries.
For more information, visit www.BeautyAndTheBeastOnTour.com.
‘Paint the Night’ Parade, ‘Disneyland Forever’ Fireworks and ‘World of Color: Celebrate!’ Bring More Merriment to Holidays 2015 at the Disneyland Resort
ANAHEIM, Calif. – Disneyland Resort will deliver the Holidays with a shimmering sprinkle of Diamond Celebration pixie dust this year beginning Friday, Nov. 13, as holiday festivities are added to the ongoing 60th anniversary celebration. The holiday season will offer unforgettable entertainment, attractions, food and gift items day and night at the Disneyland Resort through Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2016.
In addition to traditional Disneyland Resort holiday attractions like “it’s a small world” Holiday, Haunted Mansion Holiday, “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” and “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, guests at the Disneyland Resort will enjoy all of the spectacular new nighttime Diamond Celebration spectaculars: “Paint the Night” parade and “Disneyland Forever” fireworks in Disneyland Park, plus “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” in Disney California Adventure Park, which will be presented most nights along with the popular holiday version, “World of Color – Winter Dreams.”
Holiday time at the Disneyland Resort has become an annual tradition for many guests, filled with the merriment and magical memories of the season. This year, the sparkling excitement of Diamond Celebration décor and entertainment adds to the holiday excitement throughout the resort. Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland and Carthay Circle Theatre in Disney California Adventure bring extra glitter to the season with diamond highlights on their facades.
The Disneyland Resort holiday traditions include soaring Christmas trees in Town Square, Disneyland, and Buena Vista Street, Disney California Adventure, along with visits by Santa Claus to both parks, and holiday food and merchandise items. Additional highlights include:
- “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, a Disneyland holiday treasure, presents Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and an array of Disney characters celebrating the holiday season. The daytime parade features 100-plus performers including Santa Claus, who brings jolly holiday wishes from the North Pole. After dark, the Diamond Celebration “Paint the Night” parade will bring its own brand of glittering magic to Disneyland, with dazzling special effects, unforgettable music, energetic performances and spectacular floats. The luminescent parade creates a river of color flowing down Main Street, U.S.A., with an array of Disney characters and more than 1.5 million brilliant LED lights,
- “Disneyland Forever” – The dazzling, new fireworks spectacular “Disneyland Forever” is a street-to-sky, immersive experience like nothing seen before at the Disneyland Resort, with pyrotechnics, original music and viewing locations throughout Disneyland Park. Guests will be surrounded by the worlds of timeless Disney tales, from the tips of their toes to the sky high above, thanks to the largest installation of projection mapping technology in a Disney park and surprising special effects.
- “it’s a small world” Holiday offers a worldwide celebration of the season, with more than 300.000 twinkling lights on the attraction’s façade. Inside, animated dolls representing children of many nations are dressed in holiday attire, singing holiday songs as well as the classic “It’s a Small World After All.”
- Haunted Mansion Holiday presents a spooky but lighthearted mashup of the Halloween and Christmas holidays as imagined by Jack Skellington from the Walt Disney Pictures animated classic Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Continuing an annual tradition, a new gingerbread house is created each year for the Mansion, adding a humorous touch to the ballroom scene. This year, the gingerbread house design features gingerbread men constructing a teetering “house of cards.”
- Jingle Cruise, an instantly popular addition in 2014, returns to take adventurous guests on a fun-filled expedition. They discover a cargo of holiday gifts and decorations that have been jettisoned over the jungles of the celebrated Jungle Cruise attraction in Adventureland.
In Disney California Adventure:
- For the first time, two splendid versions of the “World of Color” spectacular will be presented most nights during the Holiday season, on Paradise Bay. The nighttime water show with animation, film, music, fountains and special effects is fully programmable, allowing guests to enjoy different experiences. The holiday-themed show, “World of Color − Winter Dreams,” features Olaf the snowman along with classic winter scenes from beloved Disney and Disney●Pixar films such as “Bambi,” “Toy Story” and “Frozen,” the blockbuster Disney film. For the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, “World of Color – Celebrate” pays a fun, colorful, surprise-filled tribute to Walt Disney, whose fertile imagination led to the creation of Disneyland and so many beloved characters. Guests may check the park schedule for show times.
- “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” is a daily celebration of Latino culture and holiday traditions with music, dancing, vibrant colors and delicious food. Disney characters join the fun in the lively “Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party.”
- “Olaf’s Snow Fest” celebrates its return to Hollywood Land with Olaf, the comical snowman from “Frozen.” Stage 17 is transformed into a charming castle courtyard inspired by the “Frozen” kingdom of Arendelle. Kids of all ages have fun in a giant wintry play area with real snow where they are encouraged to build snow creations and zip down a snow slide. Guests who wish to observe the icy fun will have a nearby viewing area. Music and storytelling entertainment will be presented throughout the day.
- The residents of Radiator Springs will welcome guests with a “snowcar” at the entrance of Cars Land. Each address along the roadway into the land – Flo’s V8 Café, Fillmore’s Taste-In, Cozy Cone Motel and more – will feature holiday decorations reflecting the personalities of the “Cars” character who lives there.
- Flik and his buddies decorate “a bug’s land” with giant Christmas lights and holiday ornaments, adding to the festive spirit.
In the Downtown Disney District, guests may take a break from their holiday shopping and dining to go skating on “Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink.” The Downtown Disney Winter Village around the ice rink will offer shoppers holiday gift items sold from the windows of the charming village houses.
NEW YORK – America’s favorite holiday tradition will once again kick off the season of joy as the 89th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade returns to march down the streets of New York on Thursday, Nov. 26 (9 a.m.-noon in all time zones.) Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie and Al Roker of NBC’s “Today” will anchor the broadcast. As millions celebrate the holiday with family and friends, more than 8,000 participants – including clowns, balloon handlers and marching bands – will travel through Manhattan to the sound of the iconic catchphrase “Let’s Have a Parade”. With more than 3.5 million spectators and over 50 million television viewers nationwide, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is the nation’s most celebrated and anticipated holiday treat.
Stars of film, television, stage, sports and music will provide the nation first-class performances. Joining the festivities this year are Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo, Mariah Carey, Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson, Cirque du Soleil, Daughtry, Andra Day, Andy Grammer, Sandra Lee, Shawn Mendes, MercyMe, MIPSO, Miss America 2016 Betty Cantrell, Jennifer Nettles, NHL legends Mark and Marty Howe, Jake Owen, Panic! at the Disco, Plain White T’s, Rachel Platten, Questlove with the cast & the Muppets of “Sesame Street”, Prince Royce, the cast of Broadway’s “School of Rock,” Trey Songz, Jordin Sparks, Chica and the gang from Sprout and Train. Joining the parade as a signature element kicking off the holiday season will be the world-famous Radio City Rockettes. The national broadcast would not be complete without showcasing the best theatrical productions. Set for a 34th Street performance will be “Fiddler on the Roof,” “Finding Neverland,” “The King & I,” “On Your Feet!” and “Something Rotten.” In addition, spectators will get a sneak preview performance from NBC’s “The Wiz Live!” which premieres Thursday, Dec. 3 (8 p.m. ET/PT). “We’re thrilled to continue the time-honored tradition of broadcasting the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade,” said Doug Vaughan, Executive Vice President, Special Programs and Late Night, NBC Entertainment. “This year’s event promises to once again kick off the holiday season for families across the country with an incredible spectacle from the streets of New York.”
Since its origin in 1924, the Macy’s Parade has marked the official start of the holiday season, introducing a cherished march of magic that has dazzled generations of fans. For the 89th edition, the famed spectacle’s line-up will feature 17 giant character balloons; 24 novelty/ornament balloons, balloonicles, and trycaloons; 27 floats; 1,100 cheerleaders and dancers; more than 1,000 clowns; 12 marching bands; a host of celebrity performers; and of course, the one-and-only Santa Claus. “The 89th edition of Macy’s famed holiday procession promises to deliver an unrivaled spectacle of magic for millions of spectators lining the streets of New York City and millions more watching it unfold in homes across the nation,” said Amy Kule, executive producer of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. “From our signature giant character balloons to our floats of wonder, not to mention the nation’s best marching bands, whimsical clowns, celebrities and the big man himself – Santa Claus; the 89th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will continue to delight audiences of all ages, as together we celebrate the start of the holiday season.”
GIANTS IN THE SKY The parade’s signature giant character balloons have showcased the world’s most beloved cultural characters since the late 1920s. Evolving from a simple paper sketch to giant wonders on Thanksgiving morning, the balloons are transformed by Macy’s “Balloonatics” into high-flying art. This year four new giant characters will take center stage including Angry Birds’ Red by Rovio Entertainment; the pre-historic and legendary DINO by Sinclair Oil; Ice Age’s Scrat and his Acorn by Twentieth Century Fox; and Ronald McDonald debuting in his fourth whimsical giant balloon. Returning characters include Adventure Time with Finn & Jake, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, the Elf on the Shelf, Hello Kitty, “How to Train Your Dragon’s” Toothless, PADDINGTON, Pikachu, Pillsbury, Doughboy, “Skylanders” Eruptor, Snoopy & Woodstock, SpongeBob SquarePants, the Red Mighty Morphin Power Ranger and Thomas the Tank Engine. Returning balloonicles (a Macy’s Parade hybrid of cold-air balloon and vehicle) include the famed-spokesduck the Aflac Duck and the supercool KOOL-AID Man. FLOATING ON AIR Macy’s floating wonders create a collection of magic and imaginative delights that dazzle and transport spectators. These stages are created by Macy’s Parade Studio’s team of designers, carpenters, painters, animators, metal fabricators and electricians, who work all year to bring the idea on a sketch pad to towering reality.
Macy’s Parade floats are often three-stories tall and several lanes of traffic wide, but must collapse to no more than 12-½-feet tall and 8-feet wide in order to safely travel from the New Jersey studio to the Manhattan starting line via the Lincoln Tunnel. This year’s six new floats include “Big City Cheer!” by Spirit of America Productions, “The Colonel’s Road Trip to NYC” by Kentucky Fried Chicken, “The Cranberry Cooperative” by Ocean Spray, “Discover Adventure!” by Build-a-Bear, “Heartwarming Holiday Countdown” by Hallmark Channel and celebrating the 50th anniversary of “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” “Snoopy’s Doghouse” by Peanuts Worldwide. The returning float roster includes 1-2-3 Sesame Street; Big Apple (N.Y. Daily News); At the Ball Game (Cracker Jack); Dreamseeker (Cirque du Soleil); Enchanting World of Lindt Chocolate; Frozen Fall Fun (Discover); Free to Play (Sprout); Girl-Powered Spinning Machine (GoldieBlox); It’s All Rock & Roll (Gibson Brands); Mount Rushmore’s American Pride (South Dakota Department of Tourism); On the Roll Again (Homewood Suites by Hilton); Santa’s Sleigh; Santaland Express; Stirrin’ Up Sweet Sensations (Domino Sugar); Stone Forest of Kunming, China (Sino-American Friendship Association); Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nickelodeon); Tom Turkey; Treasure Hunt (Pirate’s Booty); Winter Wonderland in Central Park (Delta Air Lines); and A World at Sea (Royal Caribbean International). Completing the lineup will be a vintage 1924 Ford Model T Fire Truck, along with the FDNY Pipes & Drums in celebration of their 150th anniversary. In addition, the “Casa Fresca Café” float by Avocados From Mexico will entice and delight spectators with a tasty and fun fiesta. DRUM ROLL, PLEASE… Marching bands are a central piece of the Thanksgiving delights, bringing national excitement and hometown pride to the streets of the Big Apple, not to mention the musical beat to the holiday revelry.
Twelve performance ensembles will take up the call of the baton and march down the streets of Manhattan, creating a wave of thunderous applause. Joining the fun are Gulf Coast High School (Naples, FL), Lewis Cass High School (Walton, IN), Munford High School (Munford, TN), Nogales High School (La Puente, CA), North Hardin High School (Radcliff, KY), Stephen F. Austin State University (Nacogdoches, TX), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL), University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA), Walled Lake Central High School (Walled Lake, MI), West Chester University of Pennsylvania (West Chester, PA) and the NYPD Marching Band (New York,). Celebrating its 10th anniversary, the Macy’s Great American Marching Band will welcome back a selection of alumni band members, in addition to a new class of more than 250 elite high school marching band students from across the country. Specialty Parade entertainment always promises a unique, exciting, and sometimes humorous look at the nation’s finest performance groups. This year, special groups include the 610 Stompers (New Orleans, LA), Brooklyn Jumbies (Brooklyn, NY), J.U.M.P. jump rope team (Strongsville, OH) and the Kruti Dance Academy (Duluth, GA). Completing the performance groups are the Spirit of America Cheer and the Spirit of America Dance Stars, which both feature 550 of the nation’s best cheerleaders and most thrilling dancers. AN INSIDER’S LOOK For an insider’s look at the holiday procession, fans nationwide should check Macys.com/parade for regular updates including behind-the-scenes previews, animated videos and other exclusive content. Fans can also download the free 89th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade app to interact with the holiday tradition, learn more about the elements and share content with friends.
The one-stop mobile destination for everything about the Macy’s Parade will be available from the iTunes App Store or from Google Play. The 89th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will begin at 9:00 a.m. from 77th Street and Central Park West. The procession will march to Columbus Circle, turn onto Central Park South and march down 6th Avenue/Avenue of the Americas to 34th Street. At 34th Street, the parade will make its final turn west and end at 7th Avenue in front of Macy’s Herald Square. A Holiday Treat for Children Everywhere has been the guiding motto of this annual tradition for more than eight decades and is one which continues to this day. Please note: All talent, performances, line-up and information included are subject to change.
The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade broadcast is produced by the Emmy Award-winning Brad Lachman Productions. Brad Lachman serves as executive producer, Bill Bracken serves as producer and Ron DeMoraes directs.
For more information on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, please visit www.macys.com/parade or call the parade hotline at 212-494-4495. Follow @macys and join the conversation at #MacysParade on various social networks. For more information on the broadcast, visit http://www.nbc.com/macys-thanksgiving-day-parade and the NBC Universal Media Village website at www.nbcumv.com. Please follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NBC and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/NBC. –
Hollywood, Calif. – The world’s best-loved musical returns in time-honored form. Directed by original lyricist and director Martin Charnin and choreographed by Liza Gennaro, this production of ANNIE will be a brand new incarnation of the iconic original. Featuring book and score by Tony Award®-winners Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin, ANNIE includes such unforgettable songs as “It’s the Hard Knock Life,” “Easy Street,” “I Don’t Need Anything But You,” plus the eternal anthem of optimism, “Tomorrow.”
Tickets are available at www.HollywoodPantages.com or www.Ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-982-2787, as well as at the Hollywood Pantages Box Office (6233 Hollywood Blvd) and all Ticketmaster Outlets. The performance schedule for ANNIE is Tuesday through Friday at 8:00pm, Saturday at 2pm & 8pm, and Sunday at 1pm & 6:30pm. Recommended for AllAges (Children under 3 will not be admitted to the theatre. All patrons must have a ticket, regardless of age.) Running Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes including intermission. Tickets start at $25 in the orchestra.
Santa Clarita, Calif. – Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and Santa Clarita Mayor Marsha McLean invited mayors from other cities in Los Angeles County. Mayor Garcetti, who holds periodic meetings for mayors of cities in Los Angeles County to meet and discuss regional issues touched on his bid for the 2024 Olympics during his visit.
ANAHEIM, Calif. – The Disneyland Resort will continue its 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration through Summer 2016, extending the three spectacular after-dark shows created for the special anniversary – the “Paint the Night” parade, the immersive “Disneyland Forever” fireworks show and the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney.” The exciting celebration, which also features sparkling décor, themed food and merchandise, will conclude on Labor Day Monday, Sept. 5, 2016.
For six decades, the Disneyland Resort has explored the frontiers of immersive storytelling and entertainment technology, bringing exciting attractions and inventive entertainment to life for guests from around the world.
For the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, Mickey Mouse and some of his friends are dressed up in sparkling Diamond Celebration costumes, and the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland Park and Carthay Circle Theatre in Disney California Adventure Park are glistening with diamond medallions. Ingenious new window displays at the Main Street Emporium in Disneyland provide additional Diamond Celebration surprises, and even the resort cast members, who help make the magic for every guest, have a bit of extra sparkle in their Diamond Celebration name tags.
The three new nighttime entertainment spectaculars raise the bar on creativity and entertainment technology, and they have been enchanting Disneyland Resort guests since they debuted May 22, 2015.
In Disneyland Park:
- The Disneyland Resort will continue its 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration through – This luminescent parade creates a river of color flowing down Main Street, U.S.A., with an array of Disney characters and more than 1.5 million brilliant LED lights that flash and glow as Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to “Paint the Night.” With dazzling special effects, unforgettable music, energetic performances, fun surprises and spectacular floats, “Paint the Night” is more vibrant than any parade in 60 years at the Disneyland Resort. Even the choreography glows, as parade performers light up with their props and costumes. Tinker Bell leads the procession in a magical, musical overture, closely followed by a float reminiscent of the giant bass drum that led the classic “Main Street Electrical Parade.” Lightning McQueen races in with his buddy Mack Truck, who makes a hefty impression at 54-feet long, covered from headlights to tail pipe in gleaming light. Anna and Elsa from “Frozen” glide through the night in a shimmering palace of ice and snow, and beloved characters from “Monsters, Inc.,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “Toy Story” appear, with Mickey and his pals creating a breathtaking grand finale.
- “Disneyland Forever,” presented by Honda – The dazzling fireworks spectacular “Disneyland Forever” is a street-to-sky, immersive experience like nothing seen before at the Disneyland Resort. Guests will be surrounded by the worlds of timeless Disney tales, from the tips of their toes to the sky high above, thanks to the largest installation of projection mapping technology in a Disney park and surprising special effects. One minute they will be standing on Main Street, U.S.A., and the next they could be stampeding across Simba’s Pride Lands, dancing with King Louie from “The Jungle Book,” traveling “Under the Sea” with the Little Mermaid, flying over London with Peter Pan, dripping in honey with Pooh in a whimsical dream of heffalumps and woozles, or shivering as Queen Elsa brings a glimmering blanket of snow over Disneyland.
For the first time in Disneyland fireworks history, Nemo from the Disney●Pixar animated film “Finding Nemo,” “just keeps swimming” in the skies above Sleeping Beauty Castle, as the Matterhorn is transformed into the fiery peak of Mt. Wannahockaloogie, a special monument from that film. Two original songs enrich the show: the “Disneyland Forever” theme “Live the Magic,” and the inspiring closing song “A Kiss Goodnight,” written by another Disney Legend, Richard M. Sherman, and sung by Ashley Brown, star of the Broadway production of “Mary Poppins.” The “stage” for “Disneyland Forever” fireworks extends from the sky above to the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A., the façade of “it’s a small world,” the Matterhorn and mist screens along the Rivers of America, with specially designed digital projections offering guests different experiences at each location.
In Disney California Adventure Park:
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris joins Mickey Mouse on a magical water canvas to entertain guests in this fun-filled new presentation of the popular, nighttime “World of Color” spectacular in Disney California Adventure. Both epic and intimate in scope, “World of Color – Celebrate!” brings to life the remarkable story of Walt and The Happiest Place on Earth with animated imagery, live-action film, fountains, lasers, special effects and a stirring musical score. Guests take an inspirational journey through the unparalleled imagination of Walt Disney, exploring his decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments around the world and the dream of Disneyland. “World of Color – Celebrate!” reminds guests that, if they always hold onto their dreams, anything is possible.
Disneyland Diamond Days** Offers Dazzling Prizes
Disneyland Diamond Days – an exciting text-in-for-a-chance-to-win sweepstakes – awards daily and weekly prizes as part of the Diamond Celebration. Weekly prizes include authentic one and two-carat diamonds that are custom-engraved for Disney. The one-carat diamonds are paired with a stay in the Disneyland Dream suite. Additional weekly prizes include a bejeweled crown inspired by the Disney film “Sleeping Beauty,” and private experiences in the park such as a party in Fantasyland or an exotic Jungle Cruise dinner package. The available prize will vary each week. Daily prizes also will be awarded during the Diamond Celebration, and each daily prize package for that day includes an individualized tour of the parks with dining, preferred access to select attractions, and VIP viewing at some of the dazzling, new nighttime spectaculars. Daily prize winners must be present on the Disneyland Resort premises at the time of entry and at the time of prize redemption in order to be able to enjoy these special experiences and theme park admission is not necessary to enter or win a prize in the sweepstakes. Further details may be found at Disneyland.com/Diamond Days.
Entertainment, Dining and Shopping Experiences Add to the Celebration
The popular, nighttime “Mad T Party” has been transformed into the sparkling “Diamond Mad T Party,” featuring dazzling decor, interactive fun, dancing and delectable food and drink.
Restaurants and food carts in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure offer drinks and cupcakes specially created for the Diamond Celebration, and drinks are available in “Made with Magic” sippers which light up to accompany the new after-dark shows. Additional “Made with Magic” merchandise items include newly designed ear hats, wands and paint brushes.
More than 500 merchandise items were specially created for the Diamond Celebration, including apparel, accessories, art, collectibles, headwear, home décor, jewelry, pins, souvenirs, toys and more. They can be found at shops throughout Disneyland Resort, including Disney Showcase and Main Street Emporium in Disneyland, Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure, World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District and more.
The Diamond Celebration invites resort guests to experience the dawning of a new era of Disney magic while enjoying the memory-making magic that has always been at the heart of a Disneyland Resort visit. Now, more than ever, the Disneyland Resort is the place where dreams come true.
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., D.C., Mexico and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are age of majority as of date of entry. Sweepstakes ends 6:59 AM PT on 2/5/16. Each day, the daily drawing entry period starts at 7:00 AM PT and ends at 10:59 AM PT. Each week, the weekly drawing entry period starts Friday at 7:00AM PT and ends at 6:59 AM PT the following Friday. Each eligible daily entry automatically entered into applicable weekly drawing and final prize drawing. Limit one (1) sweepstakes entry per person per day (from 7:00 AM PT to 6:59 AM PT the next day), regardless of method of entry.
Enter daily drawing by correctly texting word of the day to short code 227853 (Castle) or by using sponsor tablet (available only at the Disneyland® Resort (“Resort”)). Word of the day can be found in ungated areas of the Resort (areas of Resort that do not require paid admission) or at http://www.Disneyland.com/DiamondDays (the “Sweeps Site”). Entrant must be physically present at the Resort premises (which includes ungated areas) at the time of entry into daily drawing. Potential daily drawing winners will be notified (via text or phone) at approx. 11:00 AM PT each day and must contact Sponsor within 60 minutes of notification or prize will be forfeited. Daily prize can only be claimed on Resort premises and only on the same day as entry. Entrants may enter the weekly drawing via text, sponsor tablet or online (at the Sweeps Site). Only certain prizes determined by the Sponsor will be awarded in any given week; specific prizes to be awarded in the weekly drawing will be announced online at the Sweeps Site the preceding week. Correct word of the day must be included in all eligible entries.
– See more at: http://disneylandnews.com/2015/09/22/disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-extended-through-summer-2016/#sthash.uMt7vypb.dpuf
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2015) – Frightfully good fun adds to the excitement of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration this autumn, as the Halloween season arrives at the resort Sept. 11 and runs through Nov. 1. The annual, family-friendly Halloween experience includes spooky transformations of Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, plus special décor, themed foods and merchandise. In addition, the separate-ticket Mickey’s Halloween Party offers guests an opportunity to visit in costume and trick-or-treat throughout Disneyland Park, on 17 selected nights.
Haunted Mansion Holiday in New Orleans Square has become a thrilling Disneyland Halloween tradition, with Jack Skellington from the Walt Disney Pictures classic “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” moving into the Mansion to spark a collision between Halloween and Christmas. As in past years, some eerie new touches have been added to the Haunted Mansion Holiday experience. The Hatbox Ghost, who recently rejoined the Mansion’s happy haunts, is staying to celebrate Halloween and Christmas with Jack Skellington and his friends.
Inside the Mansion, the 15th annual Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread house resembles a leaning and careening “house of cards” this year. A corps of zombie gingerbread men in orange-frosting safety vests stands beneath the towering confection to supervise construction while a team of “helicopter bats” hover above the teetering tower. The “helicopter bats” are lowering spiders that will add the final gingerbread cards to the tower from their sticky, suspended webs.
Another Halloween favorite is Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, a Halloween-themed reimagining of the popular thrill ride in Tomorrowland. Guests on board the speeding Space Mountain vehicles are thrust into a ghostly galaxy where they are bombarded with eerie screams, sound effects and music. Spine-chilling spirits pop out of the darkness, appearing to reach out and menace space travelers.
In Frontierland, guests will enjoy the observation of the traditional Mexican “Dia de los Muertos” celebration with a skeleton display near Rancho del Zocalo restaurant.
The popular separate-ticket, after-hours Mickey’s Halloween Party returns this year, expanding to 17 nights beginning Friday, Sept. 25, with an array of special entertainment. For the first time, the “Paint the Night” parade, which made its debut in May for the Diamond Celebration, will be presented during this special event. In addition, the “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular and the “Monsters U Dance Party” at Tomorrowland Terrace are exclusive to Mickey’s Halloween Party.
Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party* may be purchased online and on mobile devices at Disneyland.com/party, as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4400. Guests may check online for availability for the 17 nights: Friday, Sept. 25; Monday, Sept. 28; Wednesday, Sept. 30; Friday, Oct. 2; Monday, Oct. 5; Wednesday, Oct. 7; Friday, Oct. 9; Monday, Oct. 12: Wednesday, Oct. 14; Friday, Oct. 16; Monday, Oct. 19; Thursday, Oct. 22; Friday, Oct. 23; Sunday, Oct. 25; Tuesday, Oct. 27; and Thursday, Oct. 29. Online and mobile purchases are not available the day of the event.
Tickets purchased in advance are available at a discount on select nights. Tickets purchased on the day of the event are $77 each. All tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party on Thursday, Oct. 29, are $84 each. Mickey’s Halloween Party is a non-smoking event. Smoking will be permitted only in the Esplanade outside the Disneyland main entrance.
Throughout Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort, guests also will be able to enjoy the 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration with its sparkling enhancements on Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland and the Carthay Circle Theatre in Disney California Adventure, plus a dazzling array of after-dark shows. In Disneyland, the “Paint the Night” parade creates a river of color down Main Street, U.S.A., with spectacular special effects, sensational floats, energetic performances and unforgettable music. The “Disneyland Forever” fireworks show in Disneyland lights up the resort with dynamic pyrotechnics and magical projections that surround the audience.
In Disney California Adventure, the Diamond Celebration comes alive in “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney.” The magical water show – filled with film, lasers, music and special effects – pays tribute to Walt Disney with colorful fun and surprises, honoring the man whose fertile imagination led to the creation of Disneyland and so many beloved characters.
Halloween thrill-seekers will enjoy visiting Disney California Adventure to sample year-round excitement on California Screamin’ roller coaster, Radiator Springs Racers, Soarin’ Over California and Grizzly River Run. Guests may also mingle with the ghosts in The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror, or dance the night away in the after-dark Diamond Mad T Party.
For more information about Halloween at the Disneyland Resort, see www.Disneyland.com/Halloween. This site will be updated with frightfully fun details.
The Twilight Zone® is a registered trademark of CBS, Inc., and is used with permission pursuant to a license from CBS, Inc. ©Disney/CBS, Inc
*Tickets are subject to availability and are valid only for specific event dates and hours. Each ticket is valid for admission to the event and parking for one (1) vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) on the specified event date. Online and mobile purchases unavailable on day of event. Space is limited. Limit eight (8) tickets per person, per event date. Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be resold. Costumes subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive. Ages 2 and under: no ticket required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Mickey’s Halloween Party is a nonsmoking event. Smoking will be permitted in designated areas outside Disneyland® Park in the Main Entrance Plaza.
About the Disneyland Resort The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and the reimagined Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, recently renovated, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” fun. For information on attractions and vacations at Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents.
– See more at: http://disneylandnews.com/2015/09/10/halloween-time-at-the-disneyland-resort-adds-spookiness-to-the-sparkle-of-the-diamond-celebration/#sthash.RnRhK9b3.dpuf
Hollywood, Calif. – Universal Studios Hollywood wields a bit of magic with the reveal of newly created signature art for the eagerly-awaited arrival of “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™,” scheduled to open in Spring 2016.
The new image, which depicts a wand-wielding Harry Potter in the foreground with a bustling snowcapped Hogsmeade village and a spectacular view of the iconic Hogwarts castle in the background, captures the spirit of this dynamic new immersive environment as the theme park readies for the West Coast’s debut of the “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.”
More than five years in the making, and inspired by J.K. Rowling’s compelling stories and characters that were brought to life in the Warner Bros. films, “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will be masterfully recreated with impeccable detail as a real world interpretation at Universal Studios Hollywood. “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will be faithful to the visual landscape of the fiction and films, including Hogwarts castle which will serve as its iconic focal point.
About Universal Studios Hollywood: Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM, includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour; the CityWalk entertainment, shopping and dining complex, the Universal CityWalk Cinemas and the “5 Towers” state-of-the-art outdoor concert venue. World-class rides and attractions include the renowned, behind-the-scenes Studio Tour featuring the intense “King Kong 360 3-D” attraction and the all-new “Fast & Furious—Supercharged” thrill ride as the Studio Tour’s grand finale. Other popular rides include the 3D-HD adventure, “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” and immersive “Super Silly Fun Land,” the critically-acclaimed mega-attraction, “Transformers™: The Ride-3D,” “Revenge of the MummySM—The Ride,” “Jurassic Park® —The Ride,” “Springfield,” hometown of America’s favorite TV family, adjacent to the award-winning “The Simpsons RideTM” and the “Nighttime Studio Tour” which runs on select evenings.
About Warner Bros. Entertainment: Warner Bros. Entertainment is a global leader in all forms of entertainment and their related businesses across all current and emerging media and platforms. A Time Warner Company, the fully integrated, broad-based studio is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD, digital distribution, animation, comic books, video games and brand licensing, international cinemas and broadcasting.
Upcoming Rides and Attractions at Universal Studios Hollywood withThe Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Immerse yourself in the adventures of Harry Potter™ at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. Explore the mysteries of Hogwarts™ castle, and experience pulse-pounding rides and attractions that transport you into a world of magic and excitement.
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Aug. 15, 2015) – Today, Disney announced a line-up of new attractions and entertainment coming to its theme parks around the world during the D23 EXPO 2015 in Anaheim, Calif.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek gave 7,500 lucky fans a behind-the-scenes look at what’s to come. He was joined by Imagineers working on these projects as well as legendary filmmakers James Cameron and Jon Landau who shared new details about Pandora – The World of AVATAR including the names of the land and E-ticket attraction – AVATAR Flight of Passage. Fans also got a chance to see Marvel legend Stan Lee in a cameo appearance where he posed as an unsuspecting fan during Iron Man’s dramatic entrance.
Among the many announcements Chapek shared were new and enhanced Star Wars experiences coming later this year to the Florida and California theme parks, plans for a new Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and more details on Pandora—The World of AVATAR, which is already under construction at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Chapek also shared that Soarin’ Around the World will make its U.S. film debut at Epcot and Disney California Adventure taking guests to new places around the world. Additionally, fans got a preview of exclusive video of the first Marvel attraction planned for Disney parks, coming to Hong Kong Disneyland in 2016.
“From Disneyland’s 60th anniversary celebration to the anticipation of Shanghai Disney Resort, we’re in the midst of unprecedented growth and expansion around the globe,” said Chapek. “With these new announcements, we continue our legacy in creating innovative attractions, worldwide entertainment, and magical lands that take our guests into the worlds of stories they love.”
In addition to these announcements, Chapek talked about the exciting news announced earlier in the day by Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company Bob Iger for plans to bring Star Wars-themed lands to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando and Disneyland park in Anaheim. Each 14-acre land will transport guests to a never-before-seen planet with two signature attractions, including a customized secret mission on the Millennium Falcon and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle.
Details on each of the projects include:
Star Wars Enhancements & New Experiences
From a new Star Tours adventure to Star Wars Launch Bay, from a new Jedi Training Academy to “Season of the Force,” soon guests will be part of both new and enhanced experiences at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Later this year, Star Tours will include a new adventure featuring locations and characters from the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, giving guests a new adventure in the Star Wars galaxy.
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This interactive experience will take guests into the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, special merchandise, and opportunities to visit with favorite Star Wars characters. Star Wars Launch Bay will be located in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and in Tomorrowland at Disneyland park. Also at Disneyland park, Star Wars Launch Bay will share the space with the reimagined Super Hero HQ, featuring opportunities to meet and take photos with super heroes like Captain America and Thor, as well as experience the returning Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries. Both experiences will be available for guests later this year.
- Jedi Training Academy— A favorite of younger fans is reimagined with a new experience that includes new characters and a new villain to battle from the popular Disney XD series “Star Wars Rebels.”
- Season of the Force – This new seasonal event, beginning early 2016, brings new experiences to both coasts. In Tomorrowland at Disneyland park, guests will explore the Star Wars galaxy with special entertainment throughout the land, themed food locations and more. Guests also will be thrilled to climb aboard Hyperspace Mountain, a reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction, in which guests will join an X-wing Starfighter battle. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests will close out weekend nights with a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic score of the Star Wars movies.
Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida
The reimagining of Disney’s Hollywood Studios will take guests to infinity and beyond, allowing them to step into the worlds of their favorite films, starting with Toy Story Land. This new 11-acre land will transport guests into the adventurous outdoors of Andy’s backyard. Guests will think they’ve been shrunk to the size of Woody and Buzz as they are surrounded by oversized toys that Andy has assembled using his vivid imagination. Using toys like building blocks, plastic buckets and shovels, and game board pieces, Andy has designed the perfect setting for this land, which will include two new attractions for any Disney park and one expanded favorite.
- Family-friendly roller coaster – All on the back of Slinky Dog, this coaster will zip and zoom, plunge and coast as it takes guests on a fun, toy-filled adventure throughout the new land.
- Alien saucers attraction – The famous little green aliens from the movie will take guests around for a spin in their very own flying saucers. The music, lighting and sound effects add to the flurry of action, while “The Claw” looms over.
- Toy Story Mania! – Guests glide into the Toy Story Midway Games Play Set and take aim at 3D objects in a variety of fast-paced games, with an expansion that adds a third track to this popular attraction.
After Dark at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Pandora – The World of AVATAR
As part of the largest expansion in the park’s history, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will immerse guests into the world of Pandora, and the entire park will transform after dark with new nighttime entertainment experiences, offering guests longer days than ever before to experience this one-of-a-kind theme park.
- “Rivers of Light” – Expected to open next spring, “Rivers of Light” will be an innovative experience unlike anything ever seen in a Disney park, combining live performances, floating lanterns, water screens and swirling animal imagery. “Rivers of Light” will magically come to life on the natural stage of Discovery River, delighting guests and truly capping off a full day of adventures at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – This popular attraction will be extended for a new nighttime adventure next spring, where guests will travel through the African savanna amid the magically extended orange glow of the setting sun and discover two species new to the attraction: African wild dogs and hyenas.
- Pandora – The World of AVATAR – Disney’s Animal Kingdom guests will journey into the magnificent world of Pandora at this new AVATAR-themed land – a world that includes floating mountains, a bioluminescent forest and the winged creatures known as Banshees, giving guests a transformational experience they will never forget.
- AVATAR Flight of Passage – This E-ticket attraction, the centerpiece of Pandora, allows guests to soar on a Banshee over a vast alien world. The spectacular flying experience will give guests a birds-eye view of the beauty and grandeur of the world of Pandora on an aerial rite of passage.
Soarin’ Around the World in Florida and California
Next year, guests at Epcot in Florida and Disney California Adventure in California will journey to far-flung lands and fly above some of the world’s most unique natural landscapes and man-made wonders when the new Soarin’ Around the World makes its U.S. debut.
Iron Man Unveiled for Hong Kong Disneyland
Iron Man landed at D23 EXPO today for a special appearance, and soon Hong Kong Disneyland guests will have the opportunity to meet and take photos with the Super Hero himself. Set to open in 2016, Iron Man Experience will be the first Marvel attraction at any Disney park, taking guests on an epic adventure over the streets and in the sky above Hong Kong. The adventure will begin at the new Stark Expo where guests board the Iron Wing to take flight and battle Hydra alongside fan-favorite Avenger, Iron Man.
About Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. Sixty years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of five of the world’s leading family vacation destinations – Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island. A sixth resort, Shanghai Disney Resort, is currently under construction in Pudong New District, Shanghai. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world’s most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.
– See more at: http://disneylandnews.com/2015/08/15/walt-disney-parks-and-resorts-announces-new-lands-entertainment-and-experiences-at-d23-expo-2015/#sthash.ktYS8uu8.dpuf