Hollywood, Calif. – The Award-winning worldwide smash hit Broadway musical Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST returns by popular demand to the Hollywood Pantages Theatre for a limited engagement; November 13 – 22, 2015. This production, produced by NETworks Presentations, launched in February 2010 and has been seen nearly 3 million people while playing over 1,500 performances in all 50 United States and 8 Canadian Provinces.
The original creators of the Broadway production are together again for this new touring production. The play is directed by Rob Roth and choreographed by Matt West, with Costume Design by Ann Hould-Ward (Tony Award® winner for her work on Disney’s Beauty and the Beast), Lighting Design by Natasha Katz, Scenic Design by Stanley A. Meyer, Sound Design by John Petrafesa Jr. and Music Supervision by Michael Kosarin.
Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is the classic story of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped in a spell placed by an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed to his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST has become an international sensation that has played to over 35 million people worldwide in 21 countries.
For more information, visit www.BeautyAndTheBeastOnTour.com.
‘Paint the Night’ Parade, ‘Disneyland Forever’ Fireworks and ‘World of Color: Celebrate!’ Bring More Merriment to Holidays 2015 at the Disneyland Resort
ANAHEIM, Calif. – Disneyland Resort will deliver the Holidays with a shimmering sprinkle of Diamond Celebration pixie dust this year beginning Friday, Nov. 13, as holiday festivities are added to the ongoing 60th anniversary celebration. The holiday season will offer unforgettable entertainment, attractions, food and gift items day and night at the Disneyland Resort through Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2016.
In addition to traditional Disneyland Resort holiday attractions like “it’s a small world” Holiday, Haunted Mansion Holiday, “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” and “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, guests at the Disneyland Resort will enjoy all of the spectacular new nighttime Diamond Celebration spectaculars: “Paint the Night” parade and “Disneyland Forever” fireworks in Disneyland Park, plus “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” in Disney California Adventure Park, which will be presented most nights along with the popular holiday version, “World of Color – Winter Dreams.”
Holiday time at the Disneyland Resort has become an annual tradition for many guests, filled with the merriment and magical memories of the season. This year, the sparkling excitement of Diamond Celebration décor and entertainment adds to the holiday excitement throughout the resort. Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland and Carthay Circle Theatre in Disney California Adventure bring extra glitter to the season with diamond highlights on their facades.
The Disneyland Resort holiday traditions include soaring Christmas trees in Town Square, Disneyland, and Buena Vista Street, Disney California Adventure, along with visits by Santa Claus to both parks, and holiday food and merchandise items. Additional highlights include:
- “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, a Disneyland holiday treasure, presents Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and an array of Disney characters celebrating the holiday season. The daytime parade features 100-plus performers including Santa Claus, who brings jolly holiday wishes from the North Pole. After dark, the Diamond Celebration “Paint the Night” parade will bring its own brand of glittering magic to Disneyland, with dazzling special effects, unforgettable music, energetic performances and spectacular floats. The luminescent parade creates a river of color flowing down Main Street, U.S.A., with an array of Disney characters and more than 1.5 million brilliant LED lights,
- “Disneyland Forever” – The dazzling, new fireworks spectacular “Disneyland Forever” is a street-to-sky, immersive experience like nothing seen before at the Disneyland Resort, with pyrotechnics, original music and viewing locations throughout Disneyland Park. Guests will be surrounded by the worlds of timeless Disney tales, from the tips of their toes to the sky high above, thanks to the largest installation of projection mapping technology in a Disney park and surprising special effects.
- “it’s a small world” Holiday offers a worldwide celebration of the season, with more than 300.000 twinkling lights on the attraction’s façade. Inside, animated dolls representing children of many nations are dressed in holiday attire, singing holiday songs as well as the classic “It’s a Small World After All.”
- Haunted Mansion Holiday presents a spooky but lighthearted mashup of the Halloween and Christmas holidays as imagined by Jack Skellington from the Walt Disney Pictures animated classic Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Continuing an annual tradition, a new gingerbread house is created each year for the Mansion, adding a humorous touch to the ballroom scene. This year, the gingerbread house design features gingerbread men constructing a teetering “house of cards.”
- Jingle Cruise, an instantly popular addition in 2014, returns to take adventurous guests on a fun-filled expedition. They discover a cargo of holiday gifts and decorations that have been jettisoned over the jungles of the celebrated Jungle Cruise attraction in Adventureland.
In Disney California Adventure:
- For the first time, two splendid versions of the “World of Color” spectacular will be presented most nights during the Holiday season, on Paradise Bay. The nighttime water show with animation, film, music, fountains and special effects is fully programmable, allowing guests to enjoy different experiences. The holiday-themed show, “World of Color − Winter Dreams,” features Olaf the snowman along with classic winter scenes from beloved Disney and Disney●Pixar films such as “Bambi,” “Toy Story” and “Frozen,” the blockbuster Disney film. For the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, “World of Color – Celebrate” pays a fun, colorful, surprise-filled tribute to Walt Disney, whose fertile imagination led to the creation of Disneyland and so many beloved characters. Guests may check the park schedule for show times.
- “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” is a daily celebration of Latino culture and holiday traditions with music, dancing, vibrant colors and delicious food. Disney characters join the fun in the lively “Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party.”
- “Olaf’s Snow Fest” celebrates its return to Hollywood Land with Olaf, the comical snowman from “Frozen.” Stage 17 is transformed into a charming castle courtyard inspired by the “Frozen” kingdom of Arendelle. Kids of all ages have fun in a giant wintry play area with real snow where they are encouraged to build snow creations and zip down a snow slide. Guests who wish to observe the icy fun will have a nearby viewing area. Music and storytelling entertainment will be presented throughout the day.
- The residents of Radiator Springs will welcome guests with a “snowcar” at the entrance of Cars Land. Each address along the roadway into the land – Flo’s V8 Café, Fillmore’s Taste-In, Cozy Cone Motel and more – will feature holiday decorations reflecting the personalities of the “Cars” character who lives there.
- Flik and his buddies decorate “a bug’s land” with giant Christmas lights and holiday ornaments, adding to the festive spirit.
In the Downtown Disney District, guests may take a break from their holiday shopping and dining to go skating on “Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink.” The Downtown Disney Winter Village around the ice rink will offer shoppers holiday gift items sold from the windows of the charming village houses.
Hollywood, Calif. – The world’s best-loved musical returns in time-honored form. Directed by original lyricist and director Martin Charnin and choreographed by Liza Gennaro, this production of ANNIE will be a brand new incarnation of the iconic original. Featuring book and score by Tony Award®-winners Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin, ANNIE includes such unforgettable songs as “It’s the Hard Knock Life,” “Easy Street,” “I Don’t Need Anything But You,” plus the eternal anthem of optimism, “Tomorrow.”
Tickets are available at www.HollywoodPantages.com or www.Ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-982-2787, as well as at the Hollywood Pantages Box Office (6233 Hollywood Blvd) and all Ticketmaster Outlets. The performance schedule for ANNIE is Tuesday through Friday at 8:00pm, Saturday at 2pm & 8pm, and Sunday at 1pm & 6:30pm. Recommended for AllAges (Children under 3 will not be admitted to the theatre. All patrons must have a ticket, regardless of age.) Running Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes including intermission. Tickets start at $25 in the orchestra.
ANAHEIM, Calif. – The Disneyland Resort will continue its 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration through Summer 2016, extending the three spectacular after-dark shows created for the special anniversary – the “Paint the Night” parade, the immersive “Disneyland Forever” fireworks show and the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney.” The exciting celebration, which also features sparkling décor, themed food and merchandise, will conclude on Labor Day Monday, Sept. 5, 2016.
For six decades, the Disneyland Resort has explored the frontiers of immersive storytelling and entertainment technology, bringing exciting attractions and inventive entertainment to life for guests from around the world.
For the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, Mickey Mouse and some of his friends are dressed up in sparkling Diamond Celebration costumes, and the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland Park and Carthay Circle Theatre in Disney California Adventure Park are glistening with diamond medallions. Ingenious new window displays at the Main Street Emporium in Disneyland provide additional Diamond Celebration surprises, and even the resort cast members, who help make the magic for every guest, have a bit of extra sparkle in their Diamond Celebration name tags.
The three new nighttime entertainment spectaculars raise the bar on creativity and entertainment technology, and they have been enchanting Disneyland Resort guests since they debuted May 22, 2015.
In Disneyland Park:
- The Disneyland Resort will continue its 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration through – This luminescent parade creates a river of color flowing down Main Street, U.S.A., with an array of Disney characters and more than 1.5 million brilliant LED lights that flash and glow as Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to “Paint the Night.” With dazzling special effects, unforgettable music, energetic performances, fun surprises and spectacular floats, “Paint the Night” is more vibrant than any parade in 60 years at the Disneyland Resort. Even the choreography glows, as parade performers light up with their props and costumes. Tinker Bell leads the procession in a magical, musical overture, closely followed by a float reminiscent of the giant bass drum that led the classic “Main Street Electrical Parade.” Lightning McQueen races in with his buddy Mack Truck, who makes a hefty impression at 54-feet long, covered from headlights to tail pipe in gleaming light. Anna and Elsa from “Frozen” glide through the night in a shimmering palace of ice and snow, and beloved characters from “Monsters, Inc.,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “Toy Story” appear, with Mickey and his pals creating a breathtaking grand finale.
- “Disneyland Forever,” presented by Honda – The dazzling fireworks spectacular “Disneyland Forever” is a street-to-sky, immersive experience like nothing seen before at the Disneyland Resort. Guests will be surrounded by the worlds of timeless Disney tales, from the tips of their toes to the sky high above, thanks to the largest installation of projection mapping technology in a Disney park and surprising special effects. One minute they will be standing on Main Street, U.S.A., and the next they could be stampeding across Simba’s Pride Lands, dancing with King Louie from “The Jungle Book,” traveling “Under the Sea” with the Little Mermaid, flying over London with Peter Pan, dripping in honey with Pooh in a whimsical dream of heffalumps and woozles, or shivering as Queen Elsa brings a glimmering blanket of snow over Disneyland.
For the first time in Disneyland fireworks history, Nemo from the Disney●Pixar animated film “Finding Nemo,” “just keeps swimming” in the skies above Sleeping Beauty Castle, as the Matterhorn is transformed into the fiery peak of Mt. Wannahockaloogie, a special monument from that film. Two original songs enrich the show: the “Disneyland Forever” theme “Live the Magic,” and the inspiring closing song “A Kiss Goodnight,” written by another Disney Legend, Richard M. Sherman, and sung by Ashley Brown, star of the Broadway production of “Mary Poppins.” The “stage” for “Disneyland Forever” fireworks extends from the sky above to the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A., the façade of “it’s a small world,” the Matterhorn and mist screens along the Rivers of America, with specially designed digital projections offering guests different experiences at each location.
In Disney California Adventure Park:
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris joins Mickey Mouse on a magical water canvas to entertain guests in this fun-filled new presentation of the popular, nighttime “World of Color” spectacular in Disney California Adventure. Both epic and intimate in scope, “World of Color – Celebrate!” brings to life the remarkable story of Walt and The Happiest Place on Earth with animated imagery, live-action film, fountains, lasers, special effects and a stirring musical score. Guests take an inspirational journey through the unparalleled imagination of Walt Disney, exploring his decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments around the world and the dream of Disneyland. “World of Color – Celebrate!” reminds guests that, if they always hold onto their dreams, anything is possible.
Disneyland Diamond Days** Offers Dazzling Prizes
Disneyland Diamond Days – an exciting text-in-for-a-chance-to-win sweepstakes – awards daily and weekly prizes as part of the Diamond Celebration. Weekly prizes include authentic one and two-carat diamonds that are custom-engraved for Disney. The one-carat diamonds are paired with a stay in the Disneyland Dream suite. Additional weekly prizes include a bejeweled crown inspired by the Disney film “Sleeping Beauty,” and private experiences in the park such as a party in Fantasyland or an exotic Jungle Cruise dinner package. The available prize will vary each week. Daily prizes also will be awarded during the Diamond Celebration, and each daily prize package for that day includes an individualized tour of the parks with dining, preferred access to select attractions, and VIP viewing at some of the dazzling, new nighttime spectaculars. Daily prize winners must be present on the Disneyland Resort premises at the time of entry and at the time of prize redemption in order to be able to enjoy these special experiences and theme park admission is not necessary to enter or win a prize in the sweepstakes. Further details may be found at Disneyland.com/Diamond Days.
Entertainment, Dining and Shopping Experiences Add to the Celebration
The popular, nighttime “Mad T Party” has been transformed into the sparkling “Diamond Mad T Party,” featuring dazzling decor, interactive fun, dancing and delectable food and drink.
Restaurants and food carts in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure offer drinks and cupcakes specially created for the Diamond Celebration, and drinks are available in “Made with Magic” sippers which light up to accompany the new after-dark shows. Additional “Made with Magic” merchandise items include newly designed ear hats, wands and paint brushes.
More than 500 merchandise items were specially created for the Diamond Celebration, including apparel, accessories, art, collectibles, headwear, home décor, jewelry, pins, souvenirs, toys and more. They can be found at shops throughout Disneyland Resort, including Disney Showcase and Main Street Emporium in Disneyland, Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure, World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District and more.
The Diamond Celebration invites resort guests to experience the dawning of a new era of Disney magic while enjoying the memory-making magic that has always been at the heart of a Disneyland Resort visit. Now, more than ever, the Disneyland Resort is the place where dreams come true.
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., D.C., Mexico and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are age of majority as of date of entry. Sweepstakes ends 6:59 AM PT on 2/5/16. Each day, the daily drawing entry period starts at 7:00 AM PT and ends at 10:59 AM PT. Each week, the weekly drawing entry period starts Friday at 7:00AM PT and ends at 6:59 AM PT the following Friday. Each eligible daily entry automatically entered into applicable weekly drawing and final prize drawing. Limit one (1) sweepstakes entry per person per day (from 7:00 AM PT to 6:59 AM PT the next day), regardless of method of entry.
Enter daily drawing by correctly texting word of the day to short code 227853 (Castle) or by using sponsor tablet (available only at the Disneyland® Resort (“Resort”)). Word of the day can be found in ungated areas of the Resort (areas of Resort that do not require paid admission) or at http://www.Disneyland.com/DiamondDays (the “Sweeps Site”). Entrant must be physically present at the Resort premises (which includes ungated areas) at the time of entry into daily drawing. Potential daily drawing winners will be notified (via text or phone) at approx. 11:00 AM PT each day and must contact Sponsor within 60 minutes of notification or prize will be forfeited. Daily prize can only be claimed on Resort premises and only on the same day as entry. Entrants may enter the weekly drawing via text, sponsor tablet or online (at the Sweeps Site). Only certain prizes determined by the Sponsor will be awarded in any given week; specific prizes to be awarded in the weekly drawing will be announced online at the Sweeps Site the preceding week. Correct word of the day must be included in all eligible entries.
- See more at: http://disneylandnews.com/2015/09/22/disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-extended-through-summer-2016/#sthash.uMt7vypb.dpuf
Hollywood, Calif. - Universal Studios Hollywood wields a bit of magic with the reveal of newly created signature art for the eagerly-awaited arrival of “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™,” scheduled to open in Spring 2016.
The new image, which depicts a wand-wielding Harry Potter in the foreground with a bustling snowcapped Hogsmeade village and a spectacular view of the iconic Hogwarts castle in the background, captures the spirit of this dynamic new immersive environment as the theme park readies for the West Coast’s debut of the “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.”
More than five years in the making, and inspired by J.K. Rowling’s compelling stories and characters that were brought to life in the Warner Bros. films, “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will be masterfully recreated with impeccable detail as a real world interpretation at Universal Studios Hollywood. “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will be faithful to the visual landscape of the fiction and films, including Hogwarts castle which will serve as its iconic focal point.
About Universal Studios Hollywood: Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM, includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour; the CityWalk entertainment, shopping and dining complex, the Universal CityWalk Cinemas and the “5 Towers” state-of-the-art outdoor concert venue. World-class rides and attractions include the renowned, behind-the-scenes Studio Tour featuring the intense “King Kong 360 3-D” attraction and the all-new “Fast & Furious—Supercharged” thrill ride as the Studio Tour’s grand finale. Other popular rides include the 3D-HD adventure, “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” and immersive “Super Silly Fun Land,” the critically-acclaimed mega-attraction, “Transformers™: The Ride-3D,” “Revenge of the MummySM—The Ride,” “Jurassic Park® —The Ride,” “Springfield,” hometown of America’s favorite TV family, adjacent to the award-winning “The Simpsons RideTM” and the “Nighttime Studio Tour” which runs on select evenings.
About Warner Bros. Entertainment: Warner Bros. Entertainment is a global leader in all forms of entertainment and their related businesses across all current and emerging media and platforms. A Time Warner Company, the fully integrated, broad-based studio is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD, digital distribution, animation, comic books, video games and brand licensing, international cinemas and broadcasting.
Upcoming Rides and Attractions at Universal Studios Hollywood withThe Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Immerse yourself in the adventures of Harry Potter™ at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. Explore the mysteries of Hogwarts™ castle, and experience pulse-pounding rides and attractions that transport you into a world of magic and excitement.
Hollywood, Calif. – Cameron Mackintosh spectacular new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s
THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA makes its Los Angeles premiere at the Hollywood Pantages Theatre beginning Thursday, June 17, 2015 for an 8-week engagement through Sunday, August 2, 2015. With newly reinvented staging and stunning scenic design, this new version of PHANTOM is performed by a cast and orchestra of 52, making this one of the largest productions on tour in North America. Tickets are now on sale and are available for purchase at www.HollywoodPantages.com orwww.Ticketmaster.com, by phone at 800-982-2787, and at the Hollywood Pantages Box Office (6233 Hollywood Boulevard). The box office opens daily at 10amexcept for Holidays. Ticket prices start at $29.
For more information on the production and a video sneak peek, please visit www.ThePhantomOfTheOpera.com/ustour/
Chris Mann will portray the man behind the mask, ‘The Phantom,’ with Katie Travis as ‘Christine Daaé,’ Storm Lineberger as ‘Raoul,’ Jacquelynne Fontaine as ‘Carlotta Giudicelli,’ David Benoit as ‘Monsieur Firmin,’ Edward Staudenmayer as ‘Monsieur André,’ Anne Kanengeiser as ‘Madame Giry,’ Frank Viveros as ‘Ubaldo Piangi’ and Morgan Cowling as ‘Meg Giry.’
Recording artist Chris Mann had his breakout turn on NBC’s “The Voice.” In 2012, he released his debut solo album “Roads” and followed with his PBS Concert “Chris Mann In Concert: A Mann For All Seasons.” Katie Travis has performed principal roles at The Fireside Theater, Liederkranz Opera Theater, The MUNY (Les Misérables, Cosette) and won the Lys Symonette Award (Lotte Lenya Competition).
Storm Lineberger makes his touring debut in Phantom. He has performed at the Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma, New London Barn Playhouse and is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma. Jacquelynne Fontaine’s stage and opera credits include The Student Prince (Kathie, Pittsburgh CLO), A Little Night Music (Charlotte, Indiana Rep), La Traviata (Violetta) and was Miss California 2006. David Benoit’s Broadway and National Tour credits include Jekyll & Hyde, Avenue Q, Les Misérables, Dance of the Vampires, Young Frankenstein and All Shook Up. Edward Staudenmayer’s Broadway credits include Wonderland, Martin Short: Fame Becomes Me and Beauty and the Beast (1st National Tour). Anne Kanengeiser has been seen on Broadway in the original companies of Little Women, Ragtime as well as the 3rd National Tour ofThe Phantom of the Opera. Frank Viveros originated the roles of Bloat The Blowfish in Disney’s Finding Nemo: The Musical and Iron Chef in Yellow Brick Road. Morgan Cowling appeared in Once We Lived Here (Off-Broadway), Disney’s Wishes (Original Cast) and Australian productions of Guys and Dolls and Seussical.
The Ensemble includes Adam Bashian, Krista Buccellato, Nick Cartell, Dan Debenport, Amy Decker, Mark Emerson, David Foley, Jr., Celia Hottenstein, Christopher M. Howard, Edward Juvier, Ted Keener, Freddie Kimmel, Luke Lazzaro, Jay Lusteck, Kathryn McCreary, Christy Morton, Quinto Ott, Rebecca Robbins, Eric Ruiz, Allan Snyder, Tara Sweeney and Marguerite Willbanks. The Corps de Ballet includes Christina Dooling, Sarah DeBiase, Anjelica Bette Fellini, Abigail Mentzer, Lily Rose Peck, Alexandra Pernice and Micki Weiner.
Andrew Lloyd Webber said, “It’s wonderful to have a new production of PHANTOM touring America now that the show has celebrated 27 years on Broadway. Director Laurence Connor has done an amazing job and this production has received huge critical acclaim in the U.K.”
Cameron Mackintosh said, “With PHANTOM still the reigning champion as the longest-running production on Broadway after 27 phenomenal years, with no end in sight, I’m delighted that this spectacular new production of PHANTOM has been as well-received in the U.S. as the brilliant original. With an exciting new design and staging, retaining Maria Björnson’s amazing costumes, the new PHANTOM is thrilling audiences and critics alike all over again – the music of the night is soaring to dazzling new heights.”
PHANTOM IS AN ENORMOUS HIT ALL OVER AGAIN!
“POWERFUL, GORGEOUS…AND BETTER THAN EVER.”
-The Philadelphia Inquirer
“EXTRAORDINARILY OPULENT. THIS PHANTOM’S STORYTELLING AND RELATIONSHIPS HAVE AN ELECTRIFYING TENSION.”
“AN INTENSE AND SPECTACULAR NEW PRODUCTION WITH A STUNNING NEW DESIGN, FRESH DRAMA AND ADDED MOMENTUM.” -Sunday Express (U.K.)
“TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND PREPARE TO BE DAZZLED; THIS KIND OF GORGEOUS ESCAPISM IS EXACTLY WHAT AUDIENCES NEED.” -The Scotsman (U.K.)
“THIS PHANTOM IS FOR A NEW GENERATION.” -Roy Leonard, Chicago Now
Cameron Mackintosh’s spectacular new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA is presented by Cameron Mackintosh, The Really Useful Group, and NETworks Presentations. Directed by Laurence Connor (who co-directed the new production of Les Misérables currently running on Broadway and around the world, as well as the award-winning new production of Miss Saigon now playing in London, and is currently working on a stage version of the movie School of Rockwhich will begin previews at Broadway’s Winter Garden Theatre in November this year), with choreography by Scott Ambler, set design by Paul Brown, Tony Award®-winning original costume design by Maria Björnson, lighting design by Tony Award®-winner Paule Constable, sound design by Mick Potter, and musical supervision by John Rigby. The production is overseen by Matthew Bourne and Cameron Mackintosh. THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA: music by Andrew Lloyd Webber; lyrics by Charles Hart (with additional lyrics by Richard Stilgoe); book by Richard Stilgoe and Andrew Lloyd Webber; orchestrations by David Cullen and Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Based on the classic novel Le Fantôme de L’Opéra by Gaston Leroux, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA tells the story of a masked figure who lurks beneath the catacombs of the Paris Opera House, exercising a reign of terror over all who inhabit it. He falls madly in love with an innocent young soprano, Christine, and devotes himself to creating a new star by nurturing her extraordinary talents and by employing all of the devious methods at his command.
Cameron Mackintosh’s brilliant original production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA continues performances at Her Majesty’s Theatre in London and in its recording-breaking run at the Majestic Theatre on Broadway and many other cities around the world.
The regular performance schedule for THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA is Tuesday through Friday at 8pm, Saturday at 2pm & 8pm, and Sunday at 1pm & 6:30pm.There are added weekday 2pm matinee performances on Fri 6/12, Thu 6/18, Fri 7/3 & Thu 7/30. There are no evening performances on Sat 7/4 & Sun 8/2. Opening Night is Wednesday, July 17, 2015 at 8pm.
THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA is recommended for ages 6 and up. (Children under 5 will not be admitted to the theatre. All patrons must have a ticket, regardless of age.)
Individual tickets for THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA start at $29. Prices are subject to change without notice.
For more information on THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, visit www.ThePhantomOfTheOpera.com/ustour.
For tickets or more information about the Los Angeles engagement of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, please visit the official website for Hollywood Pantages Theatre:www.HollywoodPantages.com/thephantomoftheopera
Official show site: www.ThePhantomOfTheOpera.com
Hollywood, Calif. – The Nederlander Organization and Hollywood Pantages Theatre announced today preliminary nominees for THE 4TH ANNUAL JERRY HERMAN AWARDS, a celebration of the achievement and excellence in high school musical theatre in Los Angeles. Final nominations in all production and performance categories will be announced on Tuesday, May 26th.
The annual awards show will be hosted by KABC-7 Reporter George Pennacchio at the Hollywood Pantages on Monday, June 1, 2015 at 7pm. All tickets for this awards celebration are $25 and are now on sale to the public online at www.JerryHermanAwards.com, www.HollywoodPantages.com/JHA2015,www.Ticketmaster.com, by phone at 1-800-982-2787 or at the Hollywood Pantages Box Office (6233 Hollywood Blvd). Group tickets are available atwww.PantagesGroups.com or by calling 866-755-3075 Mon-Fri; 10am-5pm PT.
Presenters from the worlds of Broadway, film & television currently confirmed to present awards include Corbin Bleu, Roger Bart, Kevin Chamberlin, Rico Rodriguez, Raini Rodriguez, Renée Marino, Jared Gertner, Jai Rodriguez, Josh Sussman, Lisa Ann Walter & Davis Gaines. Additional celebrity presenters and other special guests are expected to be announced soon.
THE 4TH ANNUAL JERRY HERMAN AWARDS is directed by John Bowab, with Musical Direction by Gerald Sternbach and Musical Staging by Patti Colombo. Director of Education and Outreach is Paul Gleason, and the event is produced by Martin Wiviott.
This year’s recipient of the Ed Lester Lifetime Achievement Award is Los Angeles Arts Educator, and L.A. Opera Legend, Suzanna Guzman, who will be receiving the award from last year’s recipient, Paul G. Gleason.
Following in the tradition of year’s past, THE JERRY HERMAN AWARDS has invited four high schools to perform musical numbers during the awards program. Palos Verdes Peninsula High School will perform “Transylvania Mania” from Young Frankenstein, Oak Park High School will perform “And the Money Kept Rolling In” fromEvita, New Community Jewish High School will perform the opening number from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, and Chaminade College Preparatory High School will perform “Gaston” from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
All schools participating in THE JERRY HERMAN AWARDS are given the opportunity to send a leading man and leading lady to audition before a panel of judges, who determine the winner of the Best Actor and Best Actress categories. Winners in these two awards categories will represent Los Angeles at The National High School Musical Theatre Awards in New York City, where they will participate in a week long workshop and eventually compete for the coveted “Jimmy” Award; named after the owner of Hollywood Pantages: James M. Nederlander. This year’s panel of judges includes Kenny Ortega, Cathy Rigby, Kay Cole, Nancy Dussault & John Bowab.
Preliminary Nominations for the 4th Annual Jerry Herman Awards
During an eight month period this school year, over 32 eligible productions from 29 high schools were attended by adjudicators and scored in multiple creative, technical and performance categories, much like Broadway’s Tony® Awards. Final high school productions are currently expected to conclude by Sunday, May 24th.
For a full list of competing high schools and current breakdown of nominations, please visit www.JerryHermanAwards.com. Please Note: Final nominations in all performance and production categories will be announced on Tuesday, May 26th.
THE JERRY HERMAN AWARDS is a local celebration dedicated to recognizing, encouraging, and rewarding achievements and excellence in high school musical theatre. It is the local award ceremony for THE NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL THEATRE AWARDS, also known as The Jimmys, which take place annually at the Minskoff Theatre on Broadway in New York City. This year, the national awards show will take place on Monday, June 29th.
THE JERRY HERMAN AWARDS has a run time of 2 Hours and 45 Minutes and is recommended for all ages. (Please note that in consideration of audiences, no one under 2½ years of age will be admitted to the theatre.)
For more information on THE JERRY HERMAN AWARDS, please visit www.JerryHermanAwards.com.
For tickets or more information about THE NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL THEATRE AWARDS, please visit www.nhsmta.com.
The City of Santa Clarita has annexed three additional movie ranches into its Movie Ranch Overlay Zone (MROZ), including Blue Cloud Movie Ranch, 50’s Town, and Veluzat Movie Ranch
Santa Clarita, Calif. – The City of Santa Clarita has annexed three additional movie ranches into its Movie Ranch Overlay Zone (MROZ), including Blue Cloud Movie Ranch, 50’s Town, and Veluzat Movie Ranch, www.melodyranchstudio.com. Already one of the busiest film communities in Los Angeles County, Santa Clarita anticipates continued increases in filming as a result of the recent annexation.
In April 2013, the City became the first in Los Angeles County to create a MROZ as a way to support existing production and film businesses, while attracting new productions and film companies. Filming at properties located within this Zone benefit from reduced-cost permits and expedited permit processing time. Sable Movie Ranch, Rancho Maria and A Rancho Deluxe were the first three ranches to be included in the MROZ last year.
“The film industry has been a part of Santa Clarita’s business community for more than a century,” said Mayor Laurene Weste. “We are one of the busiest film communities in Los Angeles County, and are committed to developing innovative programs and incentives that help keep the State’s signature industry right here,” she added.
The MROZ provides the film industry with stability and certainty of being able to film at these ranches now and in the future. The MROZ also demonstrates the City’s commitment to the film industry, providing an incentive for film productions to relocate to Santa Clarita.
Santa Clarita is one of the most filmed Southern California film communities in the 30-Mile Zone because of its film-friendly practices and policies, as well as its film infrastructure, which includes nearly 10 movie ranches and more than 20 sound stages. In Fiscal Year 2013-2014, Santa Clarita set new film records with 1,370 film days representing an estimated $33.5 million in local economic impact from location filming alone. August 2014 was another record-breaking month for the film office, with a 19 percent increase in film days and 43 percent increase in economic impact when compared to the year prior.
The City of Santa Clarita is currently home to some of television’s most-watched programming, including “NCIS,” “Switched at Birth,” “The Bridge,” “Chasing Life,” “Franklin and Bash,” “Justified,” “Utopia” and “Wipeout.” For more information, please contact the Santa Clarita Film Office at 661-284-1425 or visit FilmSantaClarita.com.
- Funded Seed Grant Award Recipients who have received $60 million in NIH grants
- Raised more than $14 million for pancreatic cancer research and education
- Granted over $1 million dollars in financial aid for patients
- Provided assistance to thousands of patients and their families
- Initial funding to UCLA allowed Seed Grant Program to extend to 24 Medical Research Institutions domestic and international.
- Supported the American Pancreatic Association (APA), Japan Pancreas Society, and the European Pancreatic Club’s Annual Meetings
- Presented the Agi Hirshberg Symposium at UCLA, focusing on research progress and patient and family education
- Funded the creation of the Tissue Data Bank at UCLA
- Awarded international grants to new investigators
- Fund medical symposiums for pancreatic cancer research
- Fund seed grants for new research projects of merit for pancreatic cancer
- Consistently update the pancreatic.org site with the latest news and information
- Host fundraising events to raise awareness and funds for pancreatic cancer
- Provide financial assistance for patients