Thrilling New Attraction Takes Guests on a Rockin’ Adventure with Awesome Music, As Summer of Heroes Launches May 27at Disney California Adventure Park Main Street Electrical Parade Extended to Aug. 20 at Disneyland Park; Fantasmic!, Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America Attractions Re-Open in Summer 2017
Anaheim Calif. –Guests escaping to the Disneyland Resort in search of fun and adventure this summer will join forces with Guardians of the Galaxy as this intergalactic crew attempts its own escape in the rockin’ new attraction GuardiansoftheGalaxy– Mission: BREAKOUT!, opening Saturday, May 27, in Disney California Adventure Park.
Heroes from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” film, some appearing for the first time in a Disney park, also come alongside the Avengers for all-new, epic adventures during SummerofHeroes. Beginning May 27, guests will live these exciting stories as they encounter some favorite Super Heroes together for the first time.
GuardiansoftheGalaxy– Mission: BREAKOUT! launches guests into an action-packed adventure that’s full of irreverent humor, combining a breathtaking free-fall sensation with all- new visual and audio effects. The action jumps to the beat of the attraction’s “awesome mix tape” of music, inspired by the films’ soundtracks. Guests will discover multiple ride experiences as they help Rocket in a daring plan to free the Guardians–a band of extraterrestrial misfits–from the fortress of The Collector, Taneleer Tivan.
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! opens as a permanent attraction just in time for summer 2017 at the Disneyland Resort, and the Summerof Heroes inaugurates an ever- expanding universe of Super Hero stories at Disney California Adventure that will become even bigger over time. In addition, guests in the park’s Hollywood Land will join some favorite Super Heroes for epic, new experiences for a limited time.
“Pick your spot for fun and adventure this summer at the Disneyland Resort,” said David Duffy, director of creative entertainment at the Disneyland Resort. “You can step into a rescue mission on a thrilling adventure with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and you can encounter legendary Super Heroes. You can step up to meet Groot for the first time, and find out if you have what it takes to join the Avengers. You can watch the Main Street Electrical Parade one more time, re- discover some of your favorite classics like ‘Fantasmic!’ and so much more.‘’
In Disneyland Park, the classic MainStreet Electrical Parade has been extended by popular demand through Aug. 20, 2017. The nighttime parade features beloved Disney characters and stories, half a million twinkling lights, the synthesized music of “Baroque Hoedown” and the heartwarming joy of nostalgia. Summer 2017 also marks the return of the nighttime spectacular “Fantasmic!,” the Disneyland Railroad and attractions on Rivers of America.
In Disney California Adventure:
Guests will enjoy some of the Super Hero experiences year-round:
- SuperHeroEncounters: For the first time, citizens of Terra (Earth) will come face-to- face with Groot. They also may encounter the First Avenger, Captain America, and everyone’s favorite web slinger, the friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man.
- “GuardiansoftheGalaxy:AwesomeDanceOff!”: Star-Lord fires up his old-school boom box to get a party started. Everyone, including tree-of-few-words Groot, is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash.
For a limited time (May 27 through Sept. 10), some new adventures will be exclusive to
Summer of Heroes:
- “AvengersTrainingInitiative”: Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow: Black Widow arrives on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action: Special themed merchandise, plus food and beverage items, will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
Another new, year-round show is fun for all ages:
- “DisneyJuniorDanceParty!”: Debuting Friday, May 26, this fun concert experience invites adults and kids to dance and sing along to the music. Popular Disney Junior characters from Disney Junior TV shows “Doc McStuffins,” “Sofia the First” and “The Lion Guard” are joined by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse from the new series “Mickey and the Roadster Racers.”
In addition, the popular “PixarPlayParade,” presenting the colorful and exciting worlds of the Disney•Pixar pals from “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” “Finding Nemo,” “Cars” and others, has returned to Disney California Adventure with daily performances full of fun and surprising movement and effects.
And PrincessElena, the adventurous heroine of the Disney Channel series “Elena of Avalor” and the first Disney Princess inspired by diverse Latin American cultures will greet her fans in the patio of Paradise Garden Grill.
Along with the Main Street Electrical Parade, some classic guest favorites have been enhanced and are set to return in Summer 2017. Dates will be available soon at Disneyland.com.
- The summer months offer a last chance to view the lights, music and fun of the beloved Main Street Electrical Nightly performances through Aug. 20 feature favorites like Cinderella’s ball, Elliot, the smoke-breathing, tail-waggin “Pete’s Dragon” and the glittering “To Honor America” finale.
- The popular nighttime spectacular “Fantasmic!” is set to re-open this summer on the Rivers of America, enhanced with new scenes and Guests will find Mickey Mouse in more scenes than ever before, and they’ll discover new roles for Genie from “Aladdin” along with characters from “Tangled,” “The Lion King” and “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
- As work continues on a new StarWars-themed land, set to open in 2019, the iconic DisneylandRailroad is preparing to return this summer to take guests on a tour of the They’ll enjoy a new look along the Rivers of America, with a spectacular new vista of a waterfall, rocky cliffs and a dramatic gorge below.
- Also returning this summer are the Rivers of America attractions: the Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia, Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes and Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island.
- In Tomorrowland, Star Wars and Disney fans will step into out-of-this-galaxy experiences at Star Wars Launch Bay, meeting some Star Wars characters and getting an up-close look at replica props and models from Star Wars movies, including the latest “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. ”
About the Disneyland Resort
TheDisneylandResortfeatures two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two- bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at- the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955. Open daily, year- round.